Friday, June 3, 2011

Brought to you today by the letter P

I didn't plan for today to be the "letter P" day.  In fact, I haven't finished planning my summer out yet.  But somehow today ended up being all about the letter P

To begin with, what's better than a playdate??  All together, there were 7 kids in my house today.  Lots of fun and well, a little noisy!  But fun none-the-less.

So, we broke out the play dough.  Cost - kinda free.  I went to my kids' school auction and I bid on and won a bunch of art supplies.  So while it wasn't free it was already here in the house.



And well, if we're gonna stick with the whole letter P thing, why not have pizza for lunch?  Plus, with 7 kids, I figured pizza was a safe bet.  Cost:$16.50 with coupon from my Passbook. But, if I divide that by 8 people, it's just $2.06 per person right??? :) And we drank water.  Sadly, I refrained from buying the 2-liter of my beloved diet coke.  Cutting calories too.  It's a good thing. I guess. :)



Finally, what's better on a playdate than to have popsicles? Yummy goodness on a day when it's almost 100F.  Seriously hot. Cost:  I dunno because they were in my freezer.  I must say it did cost me in soap and water though.  those kids were s-t-i-c-k-y!!!




So, while this might not have been an all-together frugal day, it was a fun one for sure.  Thanks letter P!

No comments:

Post a Comment